Re: could not bind IPv4 socket

От Grzegorz Buś
Тема Re: could not bind IPv4 socket
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok., that's it. After deleting this files everything works fine. Thanks ;)

--
Kind Regards,
Grzegorz Bus

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:aklaver@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 3:19 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Cc: Grzegorz Buś
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] could not bind IPv4 socket

On Monday 04 May 2009 4:29:27 am Grzegorz Buś wrote:
> When I run separately start/stop commands I still get "could not bind
> socket" message:
>
> # service postgresql stop
> Stopping postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
> # netstat -plunt | grep 5432
> # ps -A | grep postmaster
> # rm /var/lib/pgsql/pgstartup.log
> rm: remove regular file `/var/lib/pgsql/pgstartup.log'? y
> # service postgresql start
> Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
> # cat /var/lib/pgsql/pgstartup.log
> LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
> HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a
> few seconds and retry.
>
> --
> Kind Regards,
> Grzegorz Bus

In my /tmp directory I have the following when the server is running. These
files are removed on shutdown. When you do your shutdown, check and see if they
are still there and what there timestamp is. Could be there are left over files
from your previous version.

/tmp$
srwxrwxrwx  1 postgres postgres    0 2009-05-04 05:51 .s.PGSQL.5432
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres   27 2009-05-04 05:51 .s.PGSQL.5432.lock

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Сообщение: Re: diff-/patch-functionality for text-type data inside PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: diff-/patch-functionality for text-type data inside PostgreSQL