PostgreSql replication and load balancing ( is Slony-I a solution?)

От Jan Bilek
Тема PostgreSql replication and load balancing ( is Slony-I a solution?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
We're building database system with replication. Slony-I seems to be a quite
good solution for the replication, but beside the replication
(master-to-multiple slaves), we need load balancing aswell - multiple users
will access the database at the same time=multiple queries.
Is Slony-I capable of load balancing and how to set it up? We searched the
web and some people mentioned that Slony-I could do load balancing, but
haven't found how to make Slony-I to do it.

Simple applications like pgpool could do load balancing, too, but they seem
to be too simple to be used as replication system.

Thanks for any help.

J.