Re: postgres 8 data directory other then default?

От Joel Fradkin
Тема Re: postgres 8 data directory other then default?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thank you for all the help.

I was able to get system up (8.0 RPMS, not a build of 8.0.1)

I installed to the normal /var/lib/pgsql/data directory.
I did an initdb on the pgdata drive initdb /pgdata/data
This created a data folder on that drive set.
I used the instructions below for linking my wal to /wal drive.

I edited the postgres.conf in /var/lib/pgsl/data to use the
data_directory='pgdata/data'

I am hoping this means the log files and such are on /var/lib/pgsql/data and
that the actual data is on the pgdata/data and the wal is on the /wal.

I could confirm the /pgdata and /wal sytems were growing in size as I added
data to the database.

Everyone on this list has been so super helpful; I could never have figured
it out without all the guidance. I just wanted to thank everyone who jumped
in with help. Stuff is so hard when you're ignorant. I know my way around
the MSSQL world, and with the help here I feel I am getting started with
Postgres. Silly stupid stuff like environment variables etc when your new
take so long to figure out the right commands and where to put them, that's
why I really appreciated the step by step help.

I was thinking of documenting the whole process from install to finished
working project. You all think this be a good idea, just post it here?

Joel Fradkin
Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305
jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, IncThis email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s)
andmay
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.