Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criticalapplications?

От Kane Tao
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criticalapplications?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The reason why opinions are so varied has alot to do with the expertise of
each person in relation to PostgreSQL and Linux.  Often problems that are
considered simple to resolve by some are very difficult for others.  And
sometimes problems are caused by actions that are done out of inexperince
with the system like cancelling certain operations in progress etc...
You probably would not be able to determine reliability from opinions.  The
thing is PostgreSQL is extremely reliable if u know what you are doing and
know how to handle/get around any bugs.

Lookig at some of the other posts about reliability...the number of records
in a database will mainly determine the ability of a database to maintain
performance at larger file/index sizes.  It does not really impact
stability.  Stability is mainly affected by the number of
reads/updates/inserts that are performed.  Usually u want to look at large
user loads, large transaction loads and large number of
updates/inserts/deletes to gauge reliability.   I havent seen anyone post
saying that they are running a system that does this...perhaps I just missed
the post.

can I ask what type of application u aer going to use PostgreSQL for?