RE: Can't compile PG 17 (master) from git under Msys2 autoconf

От Regina Obe
Тема RE: Can't compile PG 17 (master) from git under Msys2 autoconf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I think I got something not too far off from what's there now that works
> under my msys2 setup again.  This is partly using your idea of using
> $(top_builddir) to qualify the path but in the LN_S section that is causing me
> grief.
> > This seems to work okay building in tree and out of tree.
> > By changing these lines in src/backend/Makefile
> >
> > $(top_builddir)/src/include/storage/lwlocknames.h:
> storage/lmgr/lwlocknames.h
> >         rm -f '$@'
> > -       $(LN_S) ../../backend/$< '$@'
> > +       $(LN_S) $(top_builddir)/src/backend/$< '$@'
> >
> >  $(top_builddir)/src/include/utils/wait_event_types.h:
> utils/activity/wait_event_types.h
> >         rm -f '$@'
> > -       $(LN_S) ../../backend/$< '$@'
> > +       $(LN_S) $(top_builddir)/src/backend/$< '$@'
> >
> > I've also attached as a patch.
>
> Hmm, that's quite strange ... it certainly doesn't work for me.  Maybe the
> LN_S utility is resolving the symlink at creation time, rather than letting it be a
> reference to be resolved later.  Apparently, the only Msys2 buildfarm animal is
> now using Meson, so we don't have any representative animal for your
> situation.
>
> What does LN_S do for you anyway?  Looking at
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61594025/symlink-in-msys2-copy-or-
> hard-link
> it sounds like this would work if the MSYS environment variable was set to
> winsymlinks (or maybe not. I don't know if a "windows shortcut" would be
> usable in this case.)
>
> --
> Álvaro Herrera         PostgreSQL Developer  —
> https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
> "Nadie está tan esclavizado como el que se cree libre no siéndolo" (Goethe)

I think it ends up doing a copy thus the copy error in my log failures which don't exist anywhere in the Makefil

cp -pR ../../backend/storage/lmgr/lwlocknames.h

Sorry for not checking on a linux system.  I was thinking I should have done that first.

Thanks,
Regina