ERROR: a column definition list is required for functions returning "record"

От Zlatko Matić
Тема ERROR: a column definition list is required for functions returning "record"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a plpgsql function that returns dataset.
First it was defined to return SETOF someview.
Then I changed it to return SETOF RECORD, in order to be able to return dataset with varying number of columns.
But, I get the following error:"ERROR: a column definition list is required for functions returning "record" SQL state: 42601".
What does it mean? What is "columns definition list"?

Thanks,

Zlatko