Can you use an array of variables in a function?

От Frank Millman
Тема Can you use an array of variables in a function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all

Is it possible to use an array of variables in a PL/pgSQL function?

Here is a trivial example of what I am trying to do.

------------------------
create or replace function fmfunc(int) returns int as '
  declare
    _int alias for $1;
    _ints int[3];
  begin
    _ints[1] = _int * 2;
    _ints[2] = _int * 4;
    _ints[3] = _int * 8;
    return _ints[3];
  end;'
language 'plpgsql';

SELECT fmfunc(3) runs without any errors, but it returns null.

For debugging, I added the following line before the return -
  raise notice ''ints[1] = '', _ints[1];

I then get 'syntax error at or near "["'.

Platform is 7.4.1 on Redhat 9.

TIA for any advice.

Frank Millman