Re: getting JDBC connection working

От Iain
Тема Re: getting JDBC connection working
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> You've got things all backwards.  The jar file is unnecessary on the
> database server (unless you want to establish a connection from the
> server machine).  It is a client access library and in this case should be
> on your windows machine.  That's step one.

You were pretty much right there. I will be needing this app to run on the
server too, but that'a a little later down the track.

>  Step two is that often IDEs
> override the CLASSPATH environment variable and you will probably need to
> figure out how to add the jar file to your IDE.

Right again. I finally got it - I'm using netbeans3.51, and I stuffed the
.jar file in the same directory as my app (this isn't actually needed I
gather) and used the "Mount File System" to mount the project directory and
then I mounted the .jar file as an archive. That did it, and I'm connected
now.

Thanks again for your help.

Iain