Re: Null and Void() - Or, Abandon All Hope Ye Who allow

От Tim Hart
Тема Re: Null and Void() - Or, Abandon All Hope Ye Who allow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This reminds me of my favorite Bertrand Russell quote:

"The difference between theory and practice is: in theory there is no
difference, but in practice, there is"

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Florian G. Pflug
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:45 AM
To: Berend Tober
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Null and Void() - Or, Abandon All Hope Ye Who allow

Well, yes - as I said, using null values gives you more flexibility. But
still, you _can_ shoot yourself in the foot by using them - that's why
it's still good to know why some people oppose them, even if you don't
share their point of view. But of course, "rm -r $(PGDATA)" is a more
efficient way to shoot yourself in the foot, and will probably harm more
then using null ;-)

greetings, Florian Pflug

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Сообщение: Re: Null and Void() - Or, Abandon All Hope Ye Who allow NULLs?
Сообщение: Re: Null and Void() - Or, Abandon All Hope Ye Who allow NULLs?