Re: table and column's comments

От Katalina Marcos
Тема Re: table and column's comments
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Ok...

Thanks for your replay
Kata

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Oliver Jowett [mailto:oliver@opencloud.com]
Enviado el: miércoles, 06 de octubre de 2004 17:11
Para: kmarcos@mazda.com.co
CC: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Asunto: Re: [JDBC] table and column's comments

Katalina Marcos wrote:

> I want to ask you if I can retrieve table’s comment and column’s
> comments whit ResultSetMetaData in pgjdbc.

You can't get at the comments via the standard interface; it has no
provision for them. The label fields are apparently intended for output
formatting, not for comment display. See the discussion at:

   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-07/msg00314.php
   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-08/msg00008.php

If you need to get at the comments, you'll need to do a
postgresql-specific query.

-O