PgSQL and Tyrex problems

От Nikola Milutinovic
Тема PgSQL and Tyrex problems
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all.

I recall this has been asked on the list, but I cannot search the archives at the moment (the site was down). I'll try
toexplain my problem.

MY SETUP
------------
OS: Digital UNIX 4.0D
DB: PostgreSQL 7.2
JAVA: JDK 1.3.0-2 for Digital UNIX
JDBC: PostgreSQL 7.2
JSP: Tomcat 4.0.1 (with bundled Tyrex)

I'm trying to implement not just DBConnectionPooling, but also a JEE regular way of setting up resources. So, I defined
aJNDI resource, as it is described in Tomcat's docs, both server.xml and web.xml. The JNDI resource is
"java:/comp/env/jdbc/AddressBookDB"of type "javax.sql.DataSource".

JNDI is accessable through Tomcat and I can access JNDI resources.

The problem is that "AddressBookDB" resource returns as "null". I can see the resource in JNDI, it exists, it is just
thatit is null. I was told that this is a Tyrex problem, that it cannot establish connection. What could I look for? Is
thisa known problem?

Nix.