Re: Interesting mention of PostgreSQL in news

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Interesting mention of PostgreSQL in news
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The interesting part of this for me was:
>   Very soon, important applications such as Apache, Samba, PostgreSQL,
>   linuxconf, Sendmail, bind, Emacs, SSL, and SSH were up and running.
>   There are now over 400 packages, both source and binaries, ready for use
>   on Linux for S/390.
> Guess we are an important application now.  :-)

You just now figuring that out, Bruce? :-)  No, that was the part I thought
most interesting -- PostgreSQL being considered not just an important
application, but an important application running on a linux-powered mainframe
-- or am I the only one who gets the non-sequitur here?  On a machine that runs
VM/ESA and more than likely DB2, CICS, etc, PostgreSQL is an important
application.  On a mainframe.  An IBM mainframe.

We are mentioned in the same sentence and with the same implications as Apache,
Sendmail, Bind, and Samba -- now that's classy.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio