Re: Recently noticed documentation issues

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Recently noticed documentation issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Craig Ringer [mailto:ringerc@ringerc.id.au]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 6:59 PM
On 08/24/2012 12:42 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:

>> Isn't what you are telling explained in Returning Cursors section on
below
>> link:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/plpgsql-cursors.html

>Yes, but nowhere in:

>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-fetch.html

> and IMO not clearly enough in the PL/PgSQL docs; it only appears in
> sample code.
 Ref-cursors usage is also along with functions, so mentioning them along
with PL/PgSQL docs looks more logical to me. However in context of SQL statements also Fetch can use internally
generated cursor  names in quoted strings, so about that some description might be useful.
But again I  don't know clearly the usage of it, whether such kind of functionality is
used by  users or PG is expecting to get Fetch used in such contexts.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Recently noticed documentation issues
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade's exec_prog() coding improvement