a simple transform

От Karl Grossner
Тема a simple transform
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I've thrashed at this transform for quite a while and come up empty. The
crosstab() functions, and the documented examples, all do something more
complex than I need. I can do this after the fact trivially in python with
the 'zip()' function, but I need it real-time from a view or function.

Of course I could be overlooking the obvious (it's happened before!)

I have this:attr1        attr2        attr3------    ------    ------
cat1    0.34        0.12        0.22
cat2    0.11        0.67        0.31

and need it transposed thus:    cat1        cat2    -----        -----
attr1        0.34        0.11
attr2        0.12        0.67
attr3        0.22        0.31

in case it adds motivation (;^/), cat1 and cat2 are democrat & republican;
the attr's are campaign issues; the values are "aboutness" derived from a
text similarity measure

tia
Karl

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: