current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

От Vang
Тема current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm using PostgreSQL 8.0 and Java in NetBeans IDE.  In java I have a method that does a "insert into" and it throws a "duplicate key violates unique constraint."  I call that method once and then call another method which does a "select."  However, when the select method gets called postgres throws a "current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block."  I've read some of the mailing list and it says if I set on_error_rollback to on it'll work; but when I use sql(from netbeans) to set it, it doesn't recognize on_error_rollback.  My statement is as follows:
    set on_error_rollback = on

Does version 8.0 not have on_error_rollback?  Is there another way of handling this.  Any help is much appreciated.

vyang