Re: Help with NPE

От David Hooker
Тема Re: Help with NPE
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
This is because you tried to use a Connection that was closed.  I agree
that something other than a NPE should be thrown in this case.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of M. A. Sridhar
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2002 8:56 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Help with NPE

Hello folks,

I'm getting this NullPointerException from within the PostgreSQL JDBC
driver,
and I'm not sure what to make of it:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:62)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connec
tion.java:497)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Stateme
nt.java:320)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stateme
nt.java:48)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1St
atement.java:153)
    at
zerocode.udm.PreparedStmtWithSql.executeQuery(PreparedStmtWithSql.java:1
75)
    at
zerocode.udm.DbObjectStore._retrieveWithOptSql(DbObjectStore.java:1562)

This seems to happen not immediately at application startup, but some
time
thereafter. When I first connect to the database, everything is fine,
but
after I leave the app idle for a while and use it again, it crashes.
This
could well be because there is something in my code base that keeps an
open
connection around for a while, but I was hoping for a more informative
message if that were the case (such as "connection expired") instead of
an
NPE.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this one.

Thanks.

=====
------
M. A. Sridhar