Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)
Дата
Ответ на Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add %r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/10/2018 09:36 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> It seems to me that is not our problem. Why do we care if some developer
>> says, "I only work with 9.6"? If I am understanding your complaint.
> I don't care at all if J. Random Developer's homegrown code only works
> with the PG version he's using.  The concern I have is that unwanted
> server version dependencies will sneak into widely used code, like
> psql, or libpq, or jdbc.  Or another way of putting it: Robert's proposal
> is a protocol version break, just like most stuff at this level.  Trying
> to pretend it isn't doesn't make it not one.

That makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

JD

>             regards, tom lane

PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask