Re: How to add an INHERITS to an already populated table ?

От Zlatko Matic
Тема Re: How to add an INHERITS to an already populated table ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi. Recently I have tried to do the same thing  and I coudn't include
inheritence in existing tables. After a half of day of frustration, I have
got an idea. I  have successfully done it by using EMS PostgreSQL Manager
Lite (you can download it from the net).
There is an option "Duplicate" in EMS Manager, by which you can duplicate
any table with all properties except foreign keys. During that process you
can modify code (before Commit) so you can include inheritence in your new
table. Then you delete original table, rename new table to old name and
recreate foreign key...
Well, I'm a newbie, so maybe someone more experienced offer you some better
advice. If not, this will work...
Bye.