Re: Returning a long string (varchar from a function)

От Oisin Glynn
Тема Re: Returning a long string (varchar from a function)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
My application was using ODBC from Windows server to Postgres 8.0.0 beta5 on
Windows  I used the pgAdminIII SQL tool for my tests. Which failed and still
fail.

I just ran a test in psql and it works fine!!!  Is this a possible issue in
the odbc driver?  How does the SQL tool with pgAdminIII work?

I just found a max varchar len 254 in odbc driver settings  I set this to
1000 but it did not make any difference.

I then discovered a similar restriction in my app and have fixed it.

Is there any downside to doing this?

Should the sql tool in pgAdminIII return the whole thing?

I was not aware of the string function you pointed out, thank you very much.

Oisin