Re: Need to use JDK 1.4

От David Hooker
Тема Re: Need to use JDK 1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

Can someone tell me HOW to apply these patches?  I just pulled the
source from cvs, and I need to compile the driver under 1.4.  I need the
PostgresqlDataSource and other XA stuff in my jar file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rene Pijlman [mailto:rene@lab.applinet.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 5:40 PM
To: David Hooker
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Need to use JDK 1.4

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:52:55 -0600, you wrote:
>We're working on a project using JDK 1.4.  From reading this list's
>archives, I see that there isn't a 1.4 version of the Postgres JDBC
>driver.  Is there any way at all that I can use the existing JDBC
>drivers under 1.4???

You can apply the small patch that I posted for review a while
ago (see attachement). This simply adds the missing methods that
enable the driver to be compiled with JDK 1.4.

The problem with that is that the patched code will _not_
compile with JDK 1.3 and older. I'm working on a better solution
which allows us to maintain one tree with little or no code
duplication for all versions of JDK/JDBC, but this requires
reshuffling code into a new class structure and it will take
some time to complete.

>Also, is there a time estimate on when the 1.4 drivers will be ready?

Sorry, not from me :-)

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>

Вложения