Re: Large queries - again...

От Steve Howe
Тема Re: Large queries - again...
Дата
Re: Large queries - again...  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>
To: "Steve Howe" <howe@carcass.dhs.org>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>; <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2001 1:39 AM
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Large queries - again...

> OK, I just applied a patch to add the final fixes to Win32 libpq.
> Please try the CVS or later snapshot to see how it works.  The patch
> suggested adding
>
> #define snprintf _snprintf
>
> to win32.h and I have done that.  There was already one there for
> vsnprintf.  I am quite confused about the elog() mention.  I don't see
> where we added a call to elog() in the past day.  I only see two
> mentions of elog in the code, both it dllist.c.  They don't use elog()
> if you define FRONTEND.  Please do -DFRONTEND on the compile line.  I
> think this will give you a good library binary.

I did it, but that brings other dependency problems (see below). I think
it's better to properly fix the elog issue... :-)
C:\ttt\src>nmake -f win32.mak

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
       cd include       if not exist config.h copy config.h.win32 config.h       cd ..       cd interfaces\libpq
nmake/f win32.mak

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.
       cl.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nma01700.
dllist.c
..\..\backend\lib\dllist.c(20) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: 'sysexits.h': No such
file or directory
> Let us know how the new code works.  The most recent patch I just
> applied was tested by a user and it worked well for him.  Nice to have
> this resolved.  I can mark this TODO item as done:
>
> * -Fix libpq to properly handle socket failures under native MS
>   Win32 [libpq]
I want this fixed more then anybody else i the world, believe me  :-)

Best Regards,
Steve Howe

От: Sean Chittenden
Сообщение: Re: IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...
От: Darren Johnson
Сообщение: Re: IDEA: Multi-master replication possible through spread (or even master-slave)...