Re: Parallel databases?

От Andrew Schmeder
Тема Re: Parallel databases?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Does anyone have any suggestions for a way to keep 2 databases in sync?
> Ideally updates need to be made to both... this can't be too uncommon a
> requirement..... any kind of HA would need it....

I use a PHP or Perl codebase to access databases (mysql or postgres).  I always
use a wrapper class to control the database connection because it makes the
code a lot more simple -- additionally I could easily insert logic in the
class to open a second connection to another database and duplicate all
inserts, updates and deletes.  Alternatively the info could be queued in a log
file for delayed usage.  However this is still far from a true HA setup.  For
that either you need a lot of intelligent code or Oracle Parallel Server.

Andy