Bugs: Programming Language Functions

От Andrew C.R. Martin
Тема Bugs: Programming Language Functions
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
First my apologies if this is out of date. I'm working with PgSQL 6.5.2 and not
the latest betas: a) through lack of time b) it's a production system, I can't
really afford to be playing with a beta.

Consequently the following may no longer be true and may have been fixed.
However, they certainly were broken in 6.5.2. It is actually only one problem,
but spreads across docs and the programming interface.

Apologies also for the cross-posting!

First the documentation problem. In the programmer docs, Chapter 4. Extensing
SQL: Functins (page x414.htm), under the C examples, the text refers to the
'TUPLE' type. This certainly used to be the case but has now been superceeded
by the type 'TupleTableSlot'

This then links onto the code installation problems, as the header files in the
installed include directory do not have a typedef for TupleTableSlot. This is
defined in .../src/include/executor/tuptable.h Just copying this across to the
installation directory causes no end of other files to be needed as well (e.g.
storgae/buf.h, access/tupdesc.h, access/htup.h - and these in turn require
loads of other files.....)

Surely TupleTableSlot should be defined in libpq-fe.h as should the prototype
for GetAttributeByName(). It would be nice to have TUPLE #defined as
TupleTableSlot so that old code doesn't break!!!!

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin          EMail:  a.c.r.martin@reading.ac.uk  (work)
Lecturer in Bioinformatics              andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk (home)