PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine

От Craig Boyd
Тема PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Hello All,

Is it possible to run both PostgreSQL v8 & v9 on the same XP machine (different ports, of course).

If so, is there anything in particular that must be done to help them coexist?

The reason I ask is because I have tried this and the v9 (port 5432) runs fine, but the v8 (port 15432 and tried 5431) server does not start and I can’t find any error messages.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Craigbert