HELP < 63 users

От joek hondius
Тема HELP < 63 users
Дата
Re: HELP < 63 users
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi all,
While testing i found this unexpected limit:
There seems to be a hard 63 postmaster.exe backends limit to cygwin.
My postgresql.conf mentions:
max_connections = 200
shared_buffers = 512

I could not find any pointer to this in the cygwin or postgresql docs about
this.
Jason Tishler noted this before in a review of why 'make test' (parallel)
failed (one year ago).

I tested a little: it seems that cygwin cannot spawn more than 63 children
procs. This does not seem like a winNT problem.

The questions:
Is it true that cygwin cannot spawn more the 63 children?
Is this known?
Does this issue limit postgresql on cygwin to max 63 backends/concurrent
connections?
Does someone have a good idea to work around this limit?
Any previous experience with this?

Greetings Joek Hondius