Re: Large number of rows in pg_type and slow gui (pgadmin) refresh

От Robert Klaus
Тема Re: Large number of rows in pg_type and slow gui (pgadmin) refresh
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Thank you!    I think this is exactly what we need.   Just get a list of all namespaces in the server except for the
onethat we don't want to appear and put them in a string of schemanames . . . 'public','evdo','lte','voice', ... etc

-----Original Message-----
From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Guillaume Lelarge
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2013 11:49 AM
To: Robert Klaus
Cc: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Large number of rows in pg_type and slow gui (pgadmin) refresh

On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 11:27 -0600, Robert Klaus wrote:
> Get all schemas, except some of them.  One schema will have 90+% of the database objects.

You can already do that without having a custom pgAdmin.

> If we could eliminate that schema fewer rows would be returned by the underlying queries, allowing us to continue
usingpgAdmin.

> I've only been working with this company (and postgresql) for 90 days so if there is a better way (other than
rewritingthe application that creates all those tables and views) please let me know how to proceed.

Get into the properties of your database, select the Definition tab, add your schema name in the "Schema restriction"
textbox(make sure you put single quotes around it), and click OK. Disconnect, reconnect... should work.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info