Re: could not bind IPv4 socket

От Grzegorz Buś
Тема Re: could not bind IPv4 socket
Дата
Re: could not bind IPv4 socket  ("Vladimir N. Indik" <vladimir.indik@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> listen_addresses gets set to the IP address of the server itself, the
> IP address it is "listening" for input on.  Since you're giving it a
> remote address, that's why it can't create a socket to listen there.

> There is a second file here, pg_hba.conf, that filters down who can
> connect to the database.  Normal practice here is to set:

> listen_address='*'

OK. My settings now are following:

# cat postgresql.conf | grep listen
listen_addresses = 'localhost,*'        # what IP address(es) to listen on;

I did restart postgresql service, but problem still persists:

# rm /var/lib/pgsql/data/pgstartup.log
rm: remove regular file `/var/lib/pgsql/data/pgstartup.log'? y # service
postgresql restart
Stopping postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
# cat /var/lib/pgsql/data/pgstartup.log
LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a
few seconds and retry.

Local apps can still connect to the postgresql server - but remote can't.

> So that the server is remotely accessible from all of its interfaces,
> and then you can do all filtering of who can connect just via pg_hba.conf
instead.
> See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html for
more information.

I know - after upgrading PostgreSQL from version 7.4 (which allowed remote
connections) to 8.3 I copied settings from old pg_hba.conf.

--
Kind Regards,
Grzegorz Bus