Re: [HACKERS] TODO list / why 7.0 ?

От Kaare Rasmussen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO list / why 7.0 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> A number of people thought 6.5 should have been called 7.0 because of
> MVCC.  A number of other people thought that this release should be 6.6,

You know, I actually woke in the middle of the night and said to myself, Why
did you call MVCC for MSVC. My only answer is that it was late, after a 16
hours work day.

> and the next one (which should have outer joins and much better VIEWs
> thanks to a redesigned querytree representation) should be 7.0.

Can't wait for this one. If you throw large objects in also, let's go straight
to 8.0 :-)

> OTOH, if you look less at bullet points on a feature list and more at
> reliability and quality of implementation, there's plenty of material

I didn't try to pick on the development or the state of PostgreSQL. I'm
impressed with the current speed of development and also the number of new
people joining in (you, Peter Eisentraut, maybe more) that relatively easy
understands and becomes productive.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?