Questions on 7.0 for RPM building

От Lamar Owen
Тема Questions on 7.0 for RPM building
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
First, thanks to Peter Eisentraut for putting back pqbool -- I now can build
Pg...

Now, I have a few questions:
1.)    What's the deal with the man pages now?  In 6.5.x, src/man contained
the man pages. (Then, in the 6.5.2 RPM's and later, an extra tarball of updated
man pages was added on top of the existing ones).  In 7.0, they are in
doc/man.tar.gz -- however, there are many that are no longer there, unless I
have overlooked them.  Furthermore, while the command names destroy* have been
changed to drop*, the man pages haven't changed.  Also, the man3 section has
disappeared.  (I realize Thomas is busy with outer joins et al -- this is just
a listing of what I've found -- I'm not by any means fussing...).

2.)    Missing man pages that I have found (lost??) thus far:pg_ctl (being worked on,
AFAIK)ecpg.1pg_passwd.1pg_encoding.1pg_hba.conf.5

3.)    Extraneous man pages:pgadmin.1  (PgAdmin is a Windows program.....)

Also, when building the plperl module, a .so is not being created, nor is it
being installed.

I will continue to bang on the build process for the RPM's as we get closer to
beta.....

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio