RE: [HACKERS] Fwd: Joins and links

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Fwd: Joins and links
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

What about dump/reload ?
And would vacuum be much complicated than now ?
I think vacuum is sufficiently complicated now.

Didn't these kind of annoying things let RDBMS exceed
NDBMS inspite of its low performance ?

If "link" is necessary at any cost,how about the following story ?
   "link" = OID + TID
  If oid pointed by TID is different from holding OID,executor resets  TID using OID indices(my story needs OID
indices).

By this way we need not change vacuum/dump/reload etc.
The command to update TID-s to latest ones may be needed.

Comments ?

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp