Auto-lowercasing of column names?

От Hakan Tandogan
Тема Auto-lowercasing of column names?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I'm sending this to -hackers instead of -users because I think I'm
asking for a new feature in psql.
My Problem: If I run a sql file with create-table-statements through
psql, all the column names get automagically lowercased. On the other hand, the
Object-Relational-Mapping tool I'm using recreates all its objects from a
ResultSet, getting the lowercase names, and compares them with uppercase ones,
thus failing silently.
I'm working around this issue by enclosing the column names in ",
leading to slightly ugly ddl files (create table USERROLE ("ROLEID" serial
PRIMARY KEY, "PERMISSION" varchar);) and the necessity to change the default
data files (enclosing column names in insert statements with ").
Would it be possible to add a flag to psql, telling it to accept the
column names as they are in the ddl file?

Regards,    Hakan

--
Hakan Tandogan                                       hakan@iconsult.com

ICONSULT Tandogan - Egerer GbR                   Tel.: +49-9131-9047-0
Memelstrasse 38 - D-91052 Erlangen               Fax.: +49-9131-9047-77

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"