RE: BUG #16672: Postgres user passwords are corrupted during migration

От akada shigeki
Тема RE: BUG #16672: Postgres user passwords are corrupted during migration
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Mr.Tom Lane
solved.
I was able to restore by changing SCRAM-SHA-256 in HBA.Conf to MD5.
Does this mean that PSQL doesn't support SHA-256 encryption?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:10 AM
To: zz5s-akd@asahi-net.or.jp
Cc: pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: BUG #16672: Postgres user passwords are corrupted during
migration

> The postgres user password is corrupted when migrating from Postgresql
> 12.4 to Postgresql 13.

I tried to verify that claim, without success: AFAICS, dump/reload will
correctly propagate the password to the new server, in either md5 or SCRAM
format.

You have not shown very much supporting detail, but I wonder whether the
password is hashed in md5 format and the v13 server's pg_hba.conf is set to
only allow SCRAM passwords.  The report sent to the client intentionally
just says "password authentication failed", but you could look in the
postmaster log to see what it says about the failure.
Also, look in pg_authid (of either server), or in the dump file, to see
whether the rolpassword value starts with "md5" or "SCRAM-SHA-256".

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16672: Postgres user passwords are corrupted during migration
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16672: Postgres user passwords are corrupted during migration