RE: [HACKERS] Potential vacuum bug?

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Potential vacuum bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

I'm for your change.
Anyway it's not good to hold useless flags unnecessarily.

However I could hardly find the case that would cause a trouble.
It may occur in the following rare cases though I'm not sure.

HEAP_MOVED_OFF and (neither HEAP_XMIN_COMMITTED nor
HEAP_XMIN_INVALID) and the tuple was recently delete/updated.

This means that the previous VACUUM couldn't remove the tuple
because old transactions were running then and moreover the
VACUUM half successed(i.e aborted between internal commit and
external commit). Now VACUUM marks this tuple as tupgone once
but would turn it off later if old transctions are still running.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Changing oidvector length
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Changing oidvector length