RE: sql execution time in pg_stat_statements

От Michel SALAIS
Тема RE: sql execution time in pg_stat_statements
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Tom,

I was out of this list for a while.
Unfortunately, I have now no access to the server where I have seen this.

Best regards

Michel SALAIS

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Envoyé : vendredi 10 septembre 2021 19:42
À : Michel SALAIS <msalais@msym.fr>
Cc : 'Julien Rouhaud' <rjuju123@gmail.com>; 'postgres performance list'
<pgsql-performance@postgresql.org>
Objet : Re: sql execution time in pg_stat_statements

"Michel SALAIS" <msalais@msym.fr> writes:
> I thaught that total_time (total_exec_time + total_plan_time) included I/O
but when we have blk_read_time + blk_write_time  equals several times
total_time it is difficult to continue to think that...

That's an interesting report, but on the whole I'd be more inclined to
disbelieve the I/O timings than the overall time.  Can you create a
reproducible test case where this happens?  Also, exactly what PG version
and pg_stat_statements version are you using?

От: Ranier Vilela
Сообщение: Re: Query executed during pg_dump leads to excessive memory usage
От: Ulf Lohbrügge
Сообщение: Re: Query executed during pg_dump leads to excessive memory usage