Re: I/O - Increase RAM

От FarjadFarid\(ChkNet\)
Тема Re: I/O - Increase RAM
Дата
Список pgsql-general

It sounds as if you have *one* server with 128GB of memory.

Therefore the probabilities are that you have too many task running at the same time. Flushing the disk drives’ read/write cache.

Increasing the memory probably will not solve the problem. The most effective solution would be to separate the tasks that access the drive (read or write) often.

Alternatively if you have access to the code. Try to cache some of the disk activities.

The third solution would be to separate the tasks and move them to a different server.

Hope this helps.