migrate hashname function from 8.1.x to 8.4

От Nicolas Garfinkiel
Тема migrate hashname function from 8.1.x to 8.4
Дата
Re: migrate hashname function from 8.1.x to 8.4
Список pgsql-general

Hi all,

I’m trying to upgrade our pgsql from 8.1 to 8.4, but our system’s login uses the hashname() function in order to get the proper password validation. Now pgsql’s 8.4 hashname function is not compatible with 8.1’s function. Do you have any ideas how I can reproduce 8.1 function in 8.4?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Cheers,

Nicolas.