Re: could not bind IPv4 socket

От Grzegorz Buś
Тема Re: could not bind IPv4 socket
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > # cat /var/lib/pgsql/data/pgstartup.log
> > LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
> > HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not,
> wait a
> > few seconds and retry.
>
> Did you heed the HINT and see if there is another instance of Postgres
> running?

As I wrote in my first message - for sure there is no other PostgreSQL
server instance nor any other application is using this TCP port. (I checked
with commands `ps -A | grep postmaster` and `netstat -plunt | grep 5432`):

# service postgresql stop
Stopping postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
# netstat -plunt | grep 5432
# ps -A | grep postmaster
# rm /var/lib/pgsql/pgstartup.log
rm: remove regular file `/var/lib/pgsql/pgstartup.log'? y
# service postgresql start
Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
# cat /var/lib/pgsql/pgstartup.log
LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
HINT:  Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait a
few seconds and retry.

Any other hints?

--
Kind Regards