how use pg_dump/pg_restore

От Ketan S Shah
Тема how use pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

 All ,

  I am newbie to postgres database. How to take pg_dump from production database and restore into development server using pg_restore..

From documentation, I find that I have to use pg_dump for backup and pg_restore for restoration.

My database name is otsdb..

For backup…I use command

   Pg_dump otsdb > /home/Ketan/otsdbbkp.out

But after successfully dump…I can’t see the otsdbbkp.out file in /home/Ketan/

If I get otsdbbkp.out file then I copy this file on my development server and then I issue the following command …

Psql –d otsdb –f otsdbbkp.out

(my development server database name is otsdb)

pl. help me….

If any thing wrong pl. guide me..

Ketan shah