Re: table synonyms

От
Тема Re: table synonyms
Дата
Список pgsql-general
So the search_path can not substitute the Oracle synonyms function which in a single way allow us to write generic queries for an application no matter the schema which is being used.

I can not find a solution on this matter in PostgreSQL.

I hope anybody can help me on this subject. The problem is not to find a substitute for the Oracle synonyms, but a way to write queries which, reliably, can be used no matter the schema which owns the tables.

Jayme

----- Original Message -----
From: Martijn van Oosterhout
To: jjeffman@cpovo.net
Sent: 23-May-2005 12:53:30 -0300
CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] table synonyms
On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:07:08AM -0300,

It takes the first one.

There is no explicit relationship between users and schemas, however
many installations have the search_path default to "$user, public"
which is magically substituted on connection. You are ofcourse free to
alter search_path whenever you want. Any table can always be referred
to by its full name...

Hope this helps,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout    http://svana.org/kleptog/

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump in a production environment
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump in a production environment