MSSQL versus Postgres timing

От Joel Fradkin
Тема MSSQL versus Postgres timing
Дата
Re: MSSQL versus Postgres timing  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Список pgsql-sql

All is moving along well.

I have all my views and data and am testing things out a bit.

A table with 645,000 records for associates has view (basically select * from tblassociates where clientnum = ‘test’)

This is taking 13 seconds in postgres and 3 seconds in MSSQL.

I tried making an index on clientnum (there is one on clinetnum, associateID in MSSQL).

I did an analyze.

I did a set seq scan off

Is there a possibility postgres is this much slower, or (my hope) I am missing some key concept.

Be glad to provide the view and tables etc.

Joel Fradkin

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: