Conversion ideas (Views/procedures)

От Joel Fradkin
Тема Conversion ideas (Views/procedures)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I am new to Postgres and am converting our MSSQL database to Postgres.

I just did my first function.
My question is does it make sense to create functions for some of the common
functionality available to the MSSQL world (left, isnull, etc) so I do not
need visit every view, and stored procedure to remove them?
If it does is there a body of work anywhere?
If not what is the best approach just remove all non existent (re-engineer)
functions from my views and procedures. I understand some of the items are
available, but a bit different either the name of the function or its use. I
did see a how to that alerted me to the datefiff being date_diff and to
watch out for the yy needing to be 'year' etc. he mentioned to use
coalesce() instead of isnull also. Any other common ones I should be aware
of?

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, LLC
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
© 2004. WAZAGUA, LLC. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, LLC
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: