PostgreSQL SSL communication with SecureTcpClient (Ssl v 3.0)

От Angel Todorov
Тема PostgreSQL SSL communication with SecureTcpClient (Ssl v 3.0)
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL SSL communication with SecureTcpClient (Ssl  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Hello,

I am currently adding SSL support to the Npgsql driver (the .NET data provider for PostgreSQL). I have tested with the Mentalis Secure Library (http://www.mentalis.org/soft/projects/ssocket/). I am creating the SecureTcpSocket as an instance that uses Ssl version 3.0. The PostgreSQL server is configured as described in http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/ssl-tcp.html . SSL support is added in pg_hba.conf, via hostssl

The exception I get when I run a test application to connect the database is something like that:

Unhandled Exception: Npgsql.NpgsqlException: Error in Open() ---> System.IO.IOException: An I/O exception occurred. ---> Org.Mentalis.Security.SecurityException
: An error occurs while communicating with the remote host. ---> Org.Mentalis.Security.Ssl.Shared.SslException: The server hello message uses a protocol that was not recognized.

Do you have any idea what can be the reason? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Angel

Angel T. Todorov

PGP public key ID: 1024D/35454B4C