Re: Is that it ?

От zahid rahman
Тема Re: Is that it ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Is this it ?

Output of cygwin....

Administrator@ABC-NQ0MBUYZ4EH ~
$ pwd
/home/Administrator

Administrator@ABC-NQ0MBUYZ4EH ~
$ cd ..

Administrator@ABC-NQ0MBUYZ4EH /home
$ cd ..

Administrator@ABC-NQ0MBUYZ4EH /
$ ls -l
total 890
drwxrwxrwx+   3 Administ None       200704 Dec 17 01:44 bin
-rwx------+   1 Administ None        79657 Dec 17 01:21
cygipc-1.13-2-src.tar.bz
2
-rwx------+   1 Administ None       386405 Dec 17 01:21
cygipc-1.13-2.tar.bz2
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Administ None           88 Dec 17 02:04 cygwin.bat
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Administ None          766 Dec 17 01:43 cygwin.ico
drwxrwxrwx+  17 Administ None         8192 Dec 17 01:44 etc
drwxrwxrwx+   3 Administ None            0 Dec 17 00:22
ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.mirror.a
c.uk%2fsites%2fsources.redhat.com%2fpub%2fcygwin
drwxrwxrwx+   3 Administ None            0 Dec 17 01:45 home
drwxrwxrwx+  22 Administ None        53248 Dec 17 01:44 lib
drwxrwxrwx+   2 Administ None            0 Dec 17 01:37 sbin
-rwx------+   1 Administ None       176128 Dec 17 00:20 setup.exe
drwxrwxrwx+   2 Administ None            0 Dec 17 01:44 tmp
drwxrwxrwx+  21 Administ None         4096 Dec 17 01:43 usr
drwxrwxrwx+   8 Administ None            0 Dec 17 01:43 var

Administrator@ABC-NQ0MBUYZ4EH /
$ ipc-daemon &
[1] 768

Administrator@ABC-NQ0MBUYZ4EH /
$ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"Administrator
".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data/base/1... ok
creating configuration files... ok
initializing pg_shadow... ok
enabling unlimited row size for system tables... ok
initializing pg_depend... ok
creating system views... ok
creating conversions... ok
setting privileges on built-in objects... ok
vacuuming database template1... ok
copying template1 to template0... ok

Success. You can now start the database server using:
   /usr/bin/postmaster -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
or   /usr/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/share/postgresql/data -l logfile start

Administrator@ABC-NQ0MBUYZ4EH /
$ pg_ctl -D /usr/share/postgresql/data -l logfile start
postmaster successfully started

Administrator@ABC-NQ0MBUYZ4EH /
$ psql template1
Welcome to psql 7.3, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help on internal slash commands
    \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

template1=# \h
Available help: ABORT                     CREATE TABLE              EXECUTE ALTER DATABASE            CREATE TABLE AS
       EXPLAIN ALTER GROUP               CREATE TRIGGER            FETCH ALTER TABLE               CREATE TYPE
    GRANT ALTER TRIGGER             CREATE USER               INSERT ALTER USER                CREATE VIEW
LISTEN ANALYZE                   DEALLOCATE                LOAD BEGIN                     DECLARE
LOCKCHECKPOINT                DELETE                    MOVE CLOSE                     DROP AGGREGATE            NOTIFY
CLUSTER                  DROP CAST                 PREPARE COMMENT                   DROP CONVERSION           REINDEX
COMMIT                   DROP DATABASE             RESET COPY                      DROP DOMAIN               REVOKE
CREATEAGGREGATE          DROP FUNCTION             ROLLBACK CREATE CAST               DROP GROUP                SELECT
CREATECONSTRAINT TRIGGER DROP INDEX                SELECT INTO CREATE CONVERSION         DROP LANGUAGE             SET
CREATEDATABASE           DROP OPERATOR CLASS       SET CONSTRAINTS CREATE DOMAIN             DROP OPERATOR
SETSESSION

AUTHORIZATION CREATE FUNCTION           DROP RULE                 SET TRANSACTION CREATE GROUP              DROP SCHEMA
             SHOW CREATE INDEX              DROP SEQUENCE             START TRANSACTION CREATE LANGUAGE           DROP
TABLE               TRUNCATE

: