RPMs - minor problem

От Robert Jenkins
Тема RPMs - minor problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I've just updated my RedHat 8.0 test system with the new Postgres 7.3-2
RPMs

There seems to be a minor inconsistency with postrgesql-pl-7.3...

This appears to be a replacement for the previous postgresql-perl
package - but as the name is different, RPM doesn't recognise it as
such.

Having removed the old one & installed this, one of the other new RPMs
(contrib, I think) complains that postgresql-perl is not installed.

It's not a problem for me, but it could affect (or cause confusion) with
other packages that rely on postgresql-perl

Regards,

Robert Jenkins,
JRW.