RE: [HACKERS] compilation problem on AIX

От Taral
Тема RE: [HACKERS] compilation problem on AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > >    getsockname(int s, struct sockaddr *name, socklen_t *namelen);
> >
> > Ok, so this gets tricky. In 4.2.1 it is size_t and in 4.3.1 it is as
> > above with socklen_t :-(
>
> If someone can make me a *short* code stub that fails to compile depending
> on which is used, I can add this to configure...

--- cut here ---
#include <sys/socket.h>

int getsockname(int, struct sockaddr *, socklen_t *);

int x() {return 0;}
--- cut here ---

If your compiler insists on size_t instead of socklen_t, this will fail with
an error.

My test (since linux doesn't care):

test.c:
extern int x(int);

extern int x(long);

% gcc -c test.c
~
test.c:3: conflicting types for `x'
test.c:1: previous declaration of `x'
% echo $?
~
1

Enjoy.

Taral

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?