Re: Per-Database Roles

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Per-Database Roles
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On May 22, 2012, at 12:18, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Another objection is that it wouldn't scale up nicely to multiple levels
> of catalog hierarchy.  But maybe local/global is enough.

That would be a huge improvement and this wouldn't get in the way of
any solution to the global oid conflict issue coming along in the
future..

We still have the issue of name conflict between the global roles and
the local roles, right?  Unless we allow those to overlap and pick
whatever is "closest"? Then there is the question of role membership
and if we would allow that to go between local and global or what the
semantics of that would look like..

Thanks,

Stephen