Обсуждение: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

Hello There,

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

Re: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

От
Paul Carlucci
Дата:
Try the AWS Schema Conversion Tool, it's free and doesn't require either endpoint to be an RDS instance.

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

RE: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

Okay, I was of the idea that it always needs to be RDS and there’s a limit of data that can be migrated in trial version.

Thanks, will checkout that.

Try the AWS Schema Conversion Tool, it's free and doesn't require either endpoint to be an RDS instance.

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

Re: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

От
Paul Carlucci
Дата:
Moving data is a completely different tool, whereasnSCT only converts and migrates the DDL.

Okay, I was of the idea that it always needs to be RDS and there’s a limit of data that can be migrated in trial version.

Thanks, will checkout that.

Try the AWS Schema Conversion Tool, it's free and doesn't require either endpoint to be an RDS instance.

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

RE: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

Yeah, I need an end to end to move oracle schemas to Postgres.

Thanks..

Moving data is a completely different tool, whereasnSCT only converts and migrates the DDL.

Okay, I was of the idea that it always needs to be RDS and there’s a limit of data that can be migrated in trial version.

Thanks, will checkout that.

Try the AWS Schema Conversion Tool, it's free and doesn't require either endpoint to be an RDS instance.

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

Re: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
soumik.bhattacharjee@kpn.com schrieb am 20.11.2018 um 19:10:
> Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.
>
> +including Packages, Procedures etc..
>
> + Any idea of License costs if available.

ora2pg is free and extremely powerful

http://ora2pg.darold.net/

It's non-GUI however - which I would prefer for a migration tool anyway as that is easier to automate

Re: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

От
abbas alizadeh
Дата:
Hi,
You can check this tools:

Best Regards
Abbas

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

Re: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

От
Pepe TD Vo
Дата:
FYI, RDS and there’s a limit of data that can be migrated but not triggers and procedures.
https://www.ispirer.com/products/oracle-to-postgresql-migration, MnMKT tool which should be installed on Window machine not in Linux

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

#yiv6968699051 #yiv6968699051 --_filtered #yiv6968699051 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} #yiv6968699051 #yiv6968699051 p.yiv6968699051MsoNormal, #yiv6968699051 li.yiv6968699051MsoNormal, #yiv6968699051 div.yiv6968699051MsoNormal{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;} #yiv6968699051 a:link, #yiv6968699051 span.yiv6968699051MsoHyperlink{color:#0563C1;text-decoration:underline;} #yiv6968699051 a:visited, #yiv6968699051 span.yiv6968699051MsoHyperlinkFollowed{color:#954F72;text-decoration:underline;} #yiv6968699051 span.yiv6968699051EmailStyle17{font-family:sans-serif;color:windowtext;} #yiv6968699051 .yiv6968699051MsoChpDefault{font-family:sans-serif;}_filtered #yiv6968699051 {margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt;} #yiv6968699051 div.yiv6968699051WordSection1{} #yiv6968699051
Hello There,

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

RE: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

От
Erwin Fritz
Дата:
I'll second the recommendation. I used ora2pg for our migration. It's the 80% solution -- some of the data types
weren'tproperly translated, but it's easy to go back, fix the appropriate script, and rerun that step. It saved us days
ofwork for several terabytes of Oracle data.

-----------------------------
This message is intended only for the recipient(s) to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privilegedand confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
allcopies.

-----------------------------

> > Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas
> from Oracle to Postgres.
> >
> > +including Packages, Procedures etc..
> >
> > + Any idea of License costs if available.
>
> ora2pg is free and extremely powerful
>
> http://ora2pg.darold.net/
>
> It's non-GUI however - which I would prefer for a migration tool anyway as
> that is easier to automate

Вложения

Re: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

От
Shreeyansh Dba
Дата:
Hi Soumik,

You can use below tools which are free and opensource.
ora2pg: is easy and extremely powerful.

ora_migrator:- Sequences and normal tables with their constraints and indexes will be migrated, all objects containing PL/SQL code (triggers, functions, procedures and packages) will have to be migrated by hand.

https://github.com/cybertec-postgresql/ora_migrator

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

RE: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

Thanks Abbas, did you have any experience with this tool in your projects?

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

Re: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
You can use AWS DMS (Data Migration Services) to actually more the data after setting up the destination schema via SCT. As usual with AWS there are quirks and limitations (particularly at the Oracle end of things), but it is an option.

regards
Mark

Moving data is a completely different tool, whereasnSCT only converts and migrates the DDL.

Okay, I was of the idea that it always needs to be RDS and there’s a limit of data that can be migrated in trial version.

Thanks, will checkout that.

Try the AWS Schema Conversion Tool, it's free and doesn't require either endpoint to be an RDS instance.

Anyone came across any Licensed GUI tool to migrate database schemas from Oracle to Postgres.

+including Packages, Procedures etc..

+ Any idea of License costs if available.

Thanks

Re: Oracle to Postgres-Licensed GUI tool

От
Pepe TD Vo
Дата:
I think you need to pay for a full license for using DMS

[...]

Дата:
I don't think so. I have a standard AWS account and DMS is available under 'services'.

The only major restriction I see is this: either the source or target db must be running inside AWS (either EC2 or RDS).

regards
Mark