Обсуждение: BDR support for postgres 10

BDR support for postgres 10

От
Thrikal Samy
Дата:
Dear Balashov,

We are planning to set up Bi-directional replication in postgres 10. Is that even possible? If yes, Can you guide us with the docs.
Many Thanks in advance!

cheers,
Thrillsam

RE: BDR support for postgres 10

От
Alvaro Aguayo Garcia-Rada
Дата:
Hi.

BDR is not yet available for PostgreSQL 10.

Current alternatives are:

- BDR 1.x, based on a patched PostgreSQL 9.4, available publicly
- BDR 2.0, based on community PostgreSQL 9.6, available only to 2ndQuadrant support customers

BDR 3.0, which should also be based on community PostgreSQL 9.6, is supposed to be released publicly soon. It's not yet clear if it will or not work with PostgreSQL 10.

Saludos,

Alvaro Aguayo
Jefe de Operaciones
Open Comb Systems E.I.R.L.

Oficina: (+51-13377813 | Cel.: (+51) 995540103 | RPC: (+51) 954183248
Website: www.ocs.pe

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Thrikal Samy wrote ----

Dear Balashov,

We are planning to set up Bi-directional replication in postgres 10. Is that even possible? If yes, Can you guide us with the docs.
Many Thanks in advance!

cheers,
Thrillsam

Re: BDR support for postgres 10

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On 26 March 2018 at 12:18, Alvaro Aguayo Garcia-Rada
<aaguayo@opensysperu.com> wrote:

> BDR is not yet available for PostgreSQL 10.
>
> Current alternatives are:
>
> - BDR 1.x, based on a patched PostgreSQL 9.4, available publicly
> - BDR 2.0, based on community PostgreSQL 9.6, available only to 2ndQuadrant support customers
>
> BDR 3.0, which should also be based on community PostgreSQL 9.6, is supposed to be released publicly soon. It's not
yetclear if it will or not work with PostgreSQL 10.

BDR 3.0 is still under development and will work on community PostgreSQL 10+.

2ndQuadrant is prioritising our work on core PostgreSQL 11 at present,
but expect something before end 2Q2018.