Обсуждение: Number of updated rows in postgres

Number of updated rows in postgres

От
Debraj Manna
Дата:
How are the counters n_tup_update from  pg_stat_all_tables or tup_updated from pg_stat_database incremented? Is it only when we perform update or upsert or it can be incremented also when vaccum runs or we do insert or delete?

I am asking in terms of postgres 9.5.4 running on Ubuntu 14.

Re: Number of updated rows in postgres

От
Shreeyansh Dba
Дата:
Hi Debraj,

When you perform the update then n_tup_udate get increments where as insert or delete increments tup_inserted or tup_deleted in pg_stat_all_tables or pg_stat_database and vacuum use to remove dead rows.