Обсуждение: Postgres for hadoop

Postgres for hadoop

От
Azimuddin Mohammed
Дата:
Hello,
Has anyone used postgres for hadoop. Of so what is the hardware configuration.
Or can someone suggest a good hardware configuration or a way I can measure required hardware config for the db.

Thanks in advance..

Re: Postgres for hadoop

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 1:07 AM, Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anyone used postgres for hadoop. Of so what is the hardware
> configuration.
> Or can someone suggest a good hardware configuration or a way I can measure
> required hardware config for the db.

what is 'postgres for hadoop'?   Do you mean this?
https://www.enterprisedb.com/blog/hadoop-postgres-%E2%80%93-bridging-gap

merlin

Re: Postgres for hadoop

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 1:07 AM, Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anyone used postgres for hadoop. Of so what is the hardware
> configuration.
> Or can someone suggest a good hardware configuration or a way I can measure
> required hardware config for the db.

what is 'postgres for hadoop'?   Do you mean this?
https://www.enterprisedb.com/blog/hadoop-postgres-%E2%80%93-bridging-gap

merlin

Re: Postgres for hadoop

От
Azimuddin Mohammed
Дата:
Not really...currently i am using oracle for hadoop to store metatdata information about the hadoop services. We are planning to shift to postgres and replace oracle as source db.

On Jan 24, 2018 9:21 AM, "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 1:07 AM, Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anyone used postgres for hadoop. Of so what is the hardware
> configuration.
> Or can someone suggest a good hardware configuration or a way I can measure
> required hardware config for the db.

what is 'postgres for hadoop'?   Do you mean this?
https://www.enterprisedb.com/blog/hadoop-postgres-%E2%80%93-bridging-gap

merlin

Re: Postgres for hadoop

От
Azimuddin Mohammed
Дата:
Not really...currently i am using oracle for hadoop to store metatdata information about the hadoop services. We are planning to shift to postgres and replace oracle as source db.

On Jan 24, 2018 9:21 AM, "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 1:07 AM, Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anyone used postgres for hadoop. Of so what is the hardware
> configuration.
> Or can someone suggest a good hardware configuration or a way I can measure
> required hardware config for the db.

what is 'postgres for hadoop'?   Do you mean this?
https://www.enterprisedb.com/blog/hadoop-postgres-%E2%80%93-bridging-gap

merlin

Re: Postgres for hadoop

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 1/25/18 02:36, Azimuddin Mohammed wrote:
> Not really...currently i am using oracle for hadoop to store metatdata
> information about the hadoop services. We are planning to shift to
> postgres and replace oracle as source db.

Maybe read this before you go there:
http://peter.eisentraut.org/blog/2015/08/14/have-problems-with-postgresql-try-using-hive/

Re: Postgres for hadoop

От